Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spinning.


The instructor said that I would be sore today. She was right. It kinda hurts to sit down. But she promised it would get better over time. Winn and I took our first spinning class yesterday at Healthy Dan. If you've never heard of spinning, you can find out more about it here. It's a cycling class with motivating music playing (and sometimes a video projection of lights and colors on the wall at the front of the room) and an instructor who helps you through a visualization of a workout that simulates certain terrains (hill-climbing, sprinting, coasting downhill, then climbing again). It's not as fun as outdoor biking, but when you live in Minnesota with long winters, it's the next best thing.

1 comment:

Andy & Jessica said...

I loooove spinning! Tough though... probably one of the hardest workouts I've ever done. I tried to get Andy to go once- he walked out! (I walked out in support.) I'd do spinning then 'cool-down' with a Pilates class. Good combo.