Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ice.

For quite a while now I've been meaning to snap a photo of this cool ice sculpture that's hanging outside our kitchen window. This morning after breakfast I finally did.

Day No. 23: Icycles.


Click here to view the entire "30 Days of Photos" album.

We've had a full house of guests lately. This morning three of them had breakfast with us. Tonight I hear that we get to experience their North Dakotan hotdish for dinner. Yum! I don't think I've had hotdish since the potluck dinners after church up in Northern Minnesota when I was little. People just don't make it that much 'down' here.

I'm on my way out the door for a job in Caledonia. Looking forward to the quiet hour-and-a-half drive to just relax and think and gear up for the big change taking place tomorrow...

2 comments:

Cherry Messimer said...

Hi Betsy,
Excited for your new addition - I will pray that all goes well. I am reminded of a verse about pure,true religion - caring for those who cannot care for themselves. God will surely bless your efforts. Oh, I wanted to comment on your "tricks" for getting up in the morning. I've recently discovered the timer delay button on our bread maker and our coffee pot. There is something about the smell of freshly baked bread and freshly brewed coffee that encourages me to start the day. I think I must also be a breakfast person.
Cherry

Betsy Cradic said...

Thank you, Cherry, for the calming and encouraging words. And that is a wonderful idea about the fresh bread and coffee. I never even thought about the timer on the coffee machine! Hmmmm... Thanks for the tip! :)