Monday, February 4, 2008

Home safe.

Yum. I just had some toast with honey on it. It was from a honeycomb that I got from a friend, who got it from a neighbor of hers who raises honeybees. Hmmm, I think I'll go have another piece.

What should have been a 4-hour drive home yesterday ended up being about 5 1/2 hours, the first 4 of which were pretty slow-going due to the snowfall in Iowa. At about 5 o'clock, thanks to the Superbowl, traffic lightened, and we made it home without incident, which is more than we can say for the 30-plus cars we saw in the ditch.



Again, what would we do without coffee, especially on a drive like that!


I felt completely safe in the care of my competent and trustworthy driver. Apparently, Sajak did too...


So we got home around 7:30, which left me with 4 1/2 hours to complete two tests, one exam, and some discussion board that was all due at midnight. I had already done two homework assignments in Iowa over the weekend, so at least those were out of the way. I'm not sure how, but I managed to finish with 40 minutes to spare. Nothin' like cuttin' it close!

2 comments:

Bob said...

I think you must have brought the storm back up with. It's kind of bad out today.

Terry and Angie said...

what a cute dog! what scary weather. Winn both hands on the wheel. Angie