Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Brilliant.

Usually I sing a song with Jonathan while washing his hands to ensure a lengthy enough washing (Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, Dear Nobody, happy birthday to you), but today I got this new soap. Hats off to Dial for a fabulous idea. Timer beads. What a great way to help kids scrub their hands instead of waving them under the facet for half a second and calling them clean. :) When the timer beads have dissolved, you can stop scrubbing!

7 comments:

miranda said...

wow, that does sound great. I have been practicing with my daughter washing our hands after we do different things. She isn't quite 3 and is starting to get the hang of it. But trying to make bubbles was a great helper too :).

Esther said...

The soap I have is more for Kylee's age, but I got her the hippo who's head blinks for 20 seconds, although, getting a 2 1/2 year old to wash their hands for that long is a challenge. I may have to try that soap. Kylee might enjoy it. (I also sing the ABC's with her which take 20 sec).

Jennifer said...

Ok, I'm disappointed. . . they didn't have it at our walmart. :) Maybe somewhere else I can find it. Never heard of it before, but it would be a great thing for my children as well.

Angie said...

I am going shopping Friday and hand soap is on my list YAY! I am going to look for it. Hopefully our WM has it!

Angie said...

well our WM didn't have it!

Betsy Cradic said...

Bummer! Maybe they'll start carrying it soon.

Rebecca said...

I've been using the song tactic as well and I always worry that Easton is going to wake Ashton during naptime when he's washing his hands. Thanks for sharing!!