Saturday, January 12, 2008

Yum.

We had one of Winn's colleagues and his wife over for dinner tonight. I decided to try some new recipes, and to my delight, they were extremely yummy (not to mention easy) dishes that I will be making again very soon. Who doesn't love a recipe (or three) that looks like you made a lot of fuss, tastes excellent, and is really easy to make and not too time-consuming?! I forgot to take pictures of everything when I finished preparing it, but luckily, I found the tantalizing photos online so you can be talked into making them yourself! (Just click on the dish titles for the recipes.)

The main dish was Spinach-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin. The celery salt, spinach, ham, and provolone inside the tenderloin produced a fantastic flavor. This really did only take about 15 minutes to prepare and another half-hour to bake. (I think the trick with this is to not overcook it.)


Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce was one of the side dishes. This really was a tasty topping to spice up a plate of asparagus and, again, very fast and east.


And for dessert...(this was a fun one to make)...Poached Pear Surprise. The nut mixture inside the pears, combined with the chocolate, was a brilliant combination! We served this with mochas to drink.


We're having out-of-town guests here tomorrow evening as well, so now I've got to get busy planning another menu!

1 comment:

Andrea S. said...

Oooh! That all looks so good! Glad to hear it tasted good too! :)