Sunday, January 6, 2008

Packed away.


I'm back from my blogging solstice. Just didn't feel too much like sitting at the computer over the holidays (have to do that enough for work). In my spare moments I only wanted to drink hot tea and apple cider on the couch with a warm blanket and my new book series, a Christmas gift from my sister-in-law Kim. Now that all the programs, travel, and hubbub is behind us (at least until next year), the normalcy is nice. The crowd-free stores are nice too. Our Christmas was happy...gifts were simple, many homemade. I think we will go that route again next year. So nice to concentrate on the things that really matter. The time with family was precious (more photos of that later), especially the late-night chats and card games with my sisters and their hubbies. I love those gals. They are amazing mothers, friends, people. I am blessed to have them in my life.

Today we took the Christmas tree down and packed up the lights and other decorations. The house looks a bit bare. I think I'll leave our wreath on the front door for a while...

5 comments:

jessicalolene said...

I, too, am blessed to have you as a sister, and also to have you as a friend. Your ability to articulate exactly what I want to say amazes me. Thanks you for all you do. I love you.

Betsy Cradic said...

Thanks, Jess...I don't feel like I'm very good at articulating my thoughts, so that is nice to hear. Winn is good at that--maybe it is rubbing off on me! :)

Love you too.

Minkydo said...

What a sweet post.

Cherry Messimer said...

Hi Betsy,
I enjoyed reading your list of things to do. Any you plan on accomplishing this year? I have some connections that might help you with number 6 and 15 :)
Cherry

Betsy Cradic said...

Hi Cherry - great to hear from you! The ones I hope to accomplish this year are 1, 3 (although I might not finish in 2008, depends on how busy we are), 8, 11, and possibly 7. I don't think we'll be doing numbers 6 and 15 this year, although you never know! :) Hope all is well in Taiwan. Blessings.