Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My non-goals of 2008.



{1} I will not strive to be Superwoman or try to impress people with my capabilities. I will simply live my best and enjoy the ride.

{2} I will not try to "have it all" (whatever all is). I will be content with the many blessings I've been given and try not to take them for granted. I will spend within my means and not fall into the keeping-up-with-the-Joneses trap.

{3} I will not attempt to keep every inch of the house clean at all times, at the expense of making time for things that really matter. Once in a while, I will leave dirty dishes in the sink, dog hair on the carpet, and (gasp) clothes on the bed. If you are a friend or neighbor just popping in for a surprise visit (please do, by the way!), I know that you won't mind.

{4} I will not expect too much of my husband. Instead, I will be his soft place to fall, his cheerleader, his helpmate. The world is hard enough on him as it is.

3 comments:

ChristyBC said...

I love those....so good!

martha said...

good plan.

Minkydo said...

Those are great non-goals :)