Thursday, December 6, 2007

Strawberry Jam




I love a piece of potato bread toast with strawberry jam in the morning. And coffee. Gotta have a cup of coffee.



We got an exciting call yesterday. Our first foster care "assignment." This one won't be full-time, just respite care (one weekend a month). But here's the kicker...three boys...ages 11, 12, and 13. Oofdah, I'm tired already. We weren't going to do respite care to start off with, and we weren't going to take kids over the age of 10 to start off with...but we sorta caved when we heard these boys' story.

5 comments:

Ray and Renee Okerman said...

How exciting for you guys!!! You'll do great with those boys. Just make sure you have lots-o-food. I remember my brother at that age-voracious appetite!!!

Andrea S. said...

That will be a fun time--and hard work! But you'll do great! :)

Anonymous said...

Just think of all the fun things you two can do with 3 boys. And with only one weekend a month they will think that your home is a vacation spot. love angie

Betsy Cradic said...

Thanks for the encouragement you guys. We're excited! I think the key will be to keep them busy. Guess we'll have to go buy some sleds! :) I never thought of the big appetites, Renee, but I'm sure you're right!

jessicalolene said...

Having two boys myself very close to those ages, all I can say is...good luck!! :) You guys will be awesome. When is the first weekend?