Sunday, November 25, 2007

Turkey Day

I hope all of you had a fantastic Thanksgiving day! We had a whopping total of 78 people at our annual family fest in the booming metropolis of Madelia, MN. Each year we take over my grandparents' house, two aunts' houses, a church building, and the AmericInn Hotel for the better part of a week. This year we enjoyed an evening of bowling; lots of visiting; an endless supply of pies and coffee and other delectable eats; singing and the playing of stringed instruments; an afternoon of improv (including such acts as the "Three-headed Opera Star" and "Dating Game" from Whose Line Is It Anyway); a good game of Scrabble (I actually beat my prosecuting attorney cousin Renata, Miss Wordsmith herself--I plan to get a lot of mileage out of that one); and a baby shower for my cousin Emily's new baby Joely (btw, I'm lovin' my new sewing/embroidery machine--I made this little hooded towel for her shower gift):



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is way too cool. Good job! Angie

Abbi said...

Very cute towel! That looks like so much fun. Your Thanksgiving sounded like fun as well.