Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Shopping with Mom


It's crazy, but I think I spend less time with my family ever since they moved to the same town as me. I mean, I run into them at church sometimes, although not always since our church is fairly large and we have a couple different service times, and once in a while I'll see them around town. I think that now that they're here, I just figure that I can see them anytime I want, so I don't make that much of an effort to spend time with them. Isn't that awful? But today I spent the day shopping with my mom. We found some fun sales; she took me to lunch; and I got a couple stocking-stuffer gifts knocked off my Christmas list. Good times. We'll have to do it more often.

2 comments:

Abbi said...

That is true about not making the time because you live in the same town. I off course do see my parents at church because it is not large, but sometimes we don't see them a lot more than that. We do talk on the phone regularly though.

Rebecca said...

I have to agree Betsy. I think I see my sister about as much as I did when she and her family lived in Kansas City vs. Lanesboro. That's pretty sad.