Thursday, November 8, 2007

New Mittens


I had another doctor appointment yesterday morning to go over my test results. Apparently I do have Raynaud's, but thankfully it's not due to lupus or sclerderma or anything like that. HUGE sigh of relief. Thank you, Father. It's just something that we'll have to keep an eye on. It could get worse, but it could get better too. My doc wants me to take Norvasc during the winter months, a blood pressure medication that will help enlarge the capillaries in my fingers and toes to promote more blood flow to those areas. I'll probably be ordering a supply of handwarmer packets (the kind that you take skiing), and I've also been stocking up on mittens/gloves since they're my new best friend. This is my favorite pair...

5 comments:

Andrea S. said...

Glad to hear it's not as serious as it could be. Hopefully it'll stay one the backburner and won't become any worse. Love the mittens! A new accessory to collect! :)

jessicalolene said...

Hey, I have those mittens, too! Thank the Lord it is primary Renauds! Remember when taking Norvasc to not take grapefruit juice. Makes your blood pressure TOO low. :)

Dad and Con said...

Granny Con was prescribed Norvasc for poor circulation in her toes and fingers. After a month, she was slowly weaned from it. No recurrence, Betsy. Hang in there! Love, Gramps

Abbi said...

That is good news about the desease. That would be a real blessing if it would get better!

Lylah said...

I have two women in my church with this "disease"...I'll remember to pray for you...when I see them. Also, i love the banner you do for P31 site! blessings!