Thursday, October 25, 2007

Workout


Dan Abraham, the founder of Slim-Fast and a Mayo Clinic patient, funded the building of a huge new Healthy Living Center on the Mayo Campus. It's for the 30,000 Mayo employees and their families, and it's an incredible facility. There are more treadmills and other cardio machines than I can count, several weight-lifting and strength-training equipment areas, two pools, a track, a cafeteria, a demo kitchen where they offer classes on making healthy meals, personal trainers at your beck and call, and much more.


Another cool thing is this relaxation suite, complete with massage therapists, a hydromassage machine, and a light therapy room.


The light therapy is really relaxing. It's a dimly lit room w/ music playing. You sit in a comfortable chair, and these blocks on the wall change colors and patterns.


I lucked out this morning and got a session on this hydromassage machine (usually it's full, as you can probably imagine.) They also offer classes all day long in Pilates, aerobics, aqua training, cycling, cooking, etc. And all this is there at your disposal. I've been enjoying the facility for a few weeks now, but I finally had an appointment with my personal trainer yesterday. We came up with a strength-training program for me, and I'm excited to get started with that. Thank you Dan Abraham.

7 comments:

Andrea S. said...

Sounds wonderful!!! How cool that you guys get to have such an awesome facility.

Esther said...

sweet!! being able to use a facility like that will make it hard to find an excuse to now work out. :-)

The Rozsa's Blog said...

would you be able to see if winn and I are distant cousins or something? I want to go there!

Betsy Cradic said...

I'll look into it, Ric. :)

Esther said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Esther said...

oops! i meant to say, "not" workout, not "now" workout. silly me.

Betsy Cradic said...

I knew what you meant, Esther. :)