Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Raynaud's Syndrome

Ever heard of it? I hadn't either until about a year or two ago when I started experiencing numbness, tingling, and loss of color in my fingers and pain on the tips of my toes. So I had my annual appointment today and asked my gyno doc about it. She thinks it's Raynaud's, so I have to see my primary care physician on Tuesday. I'm hoping that it's primary Raynaud's (less serious) rather than secondary (which would be due to an underlying disease or condition). The severity of the disease runs a broad spectrum, anywhere from simply being an annoyance all the way to gangrene and digital amputation. Here are a few links about it, if you're interested:

1. Wikipedia
2. MayoClinic
3. About.com

4 comments:

Andy & Jessica said...

Whoa, Betsy! No, I had never heard of it. Your poor little fingers and toesies. I will be praying- I'm so glad you mentioned it to your doc...

jessicalolene said...

Weird...I was just thinking of you and your fingers. Do we have any Raynaud's in the family? Be extra careful this winter to keep them warm!

Betsy Cradic said...

I usually wear gloves/mittens way sooner in the year than everyone else. My doctor said that I really should wear them anytime it's above 60 degrees and also to wear them when I'm working out. I don't think so. :)

No Raynaud's in the family that I know of...

Abbi said...

I hope everything goes well for you in this! I will be praying.