Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Peanut Butter Kisses


Mmmmmm...gotta love those peanut butter kisses at Halloween time. I couldn't resist a bag while at the store today, my first bag of the season! Yum.

Maybe you're wondering where I've been for a whole week without a single blog (but then again, maybe you didn't notice I was gone). Well, I survived a whole weekend with Winn's extended family at their reunion in Iowa. Between his mom's five sisters (one, Aunt Jenny, has passed away), one brother, their spouses, children, and grandchildren, there was a total of 74 present over the weekend! My ears just stopped ringing today. It was a lot of fun though. I'm pretty fortunate where in-laws are concerned. They're all such kind and creative and lovely people. I'm especially mesmerized by Winn's cousin Winnie (their family has a thing with naming kids alike). I really am. In fact, I would often find myself staring at her. How embarrassing! I hope she doesn't read this. She is one of the most beautiful women I know, and so poised and compassionate. She and her husband have four darling kids, of which the youngest two are toddler twin boys! I don't know how she does it.

Anywho, enough about that. Then on Monday we stayed down there to help Winn's parents move. Believe you me, it is no small feat to cram the contents of a 4000 square-foot house w/ three outbuildings into a 2500 square-foot house w/ no outbuildings. It will be so nice for them to live in town now, though, and to have a smaller place to maintain. We are headed back down to the Corn State again tomorrow to help unpack the mountain of boxes. I also have some drapery ideas in the works for their new living room window as I found the perfect fabric at a textile store in town here. If they turn out, I just might post a picture of them next week. If they turn out.

Other than that, we've had some delightful company for the past couple of days, Lisa and Gerald, friends of my Aunt Suzanne. Gerald had eye surgery today at Mayo, and it seems to have gone well. Please pray that he is able to regain sight in his right eye and that the cancer will disappear after his upcoming chemo treatments.

I'd like to give a shout out to my volleyball team. Go Culvers! I'll miss playing with you tomorrow night. Good luck.

No comments: