Monday, October 22, 2007

Drapes, Magic Shows, and Fathers

We checked out the southbound lane of Highway 63 from Rochester to Southern Iowa again on Thursday afternoon and the northbound lane late last night. The blacktop is still intact (although the painted center lines were a little more faded than they were last weekend) and, thank goodness, there were very few deer to watch out for. Winn's parents are slowly getting settled into their new home. We got the kitchen and living room pretty much unpacked, and Winn and Gary worked on tearing out the closet in the office to make space for a built-in desk unit. It just wouldn't suit the Cradics to buy a new home without remodeling something. I think the kitchen is in line next. The drapery didn't turn out exactly as I had planned, but I'll go ahead and post a few pics of them anyway. I may try and revamp the top valance a bit. I do like how the dupioni silk side panels look, though, and was especially thrilled to find these fabulous metal ball tiebacks (they remind me of antique doorknobs).



On Sunday at church Gary talked about fathers, and it reminded me of how grateful I am for my dad. He has always sacrificed a lot to spend time with his kids, and I appreciate that he was very involved in our lives. Thanks, Dad. I'm also fortunate to have such a wonderful father-in-law who has always been a good example to Winn and who has blessed my life tremendously and taught me a lot in the time that I've known him. My dad was a pretty cute kid, don't you think?

My brother Billy got to participate in a benefit magic show for cancer patients at the Hope Lodge last week. Unfortunately, we missed the show but hope to catch his next one. I heard he did a good job with his series of tricks. What a talented family I have. Here's my favorite photo of my little bros Billy and Jimmy when they were tots...

4 comments:

Brandon said...

Betsy,

Sorry to leave you a note here, but I couldn't find an e-mail address on your profile page. This is Brandon Fibbs, a classmate of Winn's from CSCS. Might you be able to tell me his current e-mail? Thanks!

B

bfibbs@yahoo.com

Felicia said...

Very pretty drapes. And I like the hold back you selected.

Ang said...

love them

Abbi said...

The drapes turned out very nice. I do love the fabric and the hold back.