Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Achieving Your Childhood Dreams


Today Winn and I went to a video presentation at Mayo of Professor Randy Pausch, who is dying from cancer at the age of 47, giving his last lecture to his students at Carnegie Mellon University. The subject was "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams," and it was very inspirational. I came away motivated to be a more positive person and determined to reach for my dreams. I'm embedding the video below (you'll have to pause the music on my songspot at the bottom left of page in order to hear the video). It's fairly long (about a 10-minute intro, an hour-long speech by Dr. Pausch, and subsequent comments by his colleagues) but definitely worth watching. So some evening this week pop a bag of popcorn, get out the kleenex box, and prepare to be inspired.



Alternatively, you can click here to watch it on Google Video.

3 comments:

jessicalolene said...

gotta say, i couldn't turn this off once i started watching it. i stayed up way past my bedtime because it was so good. it even put a lump in my throat.

Betsy Cradic said...

I have to admit that I cried during it... :)

Bob said...

wow.