Thursday, September 27, 2007

First Time for Everything


Well, that was a first. I had a deposition this morning about 30 miles outside of Rochester...in a stable. With five horses and a million-trillion-zillion flies swarming around us. I have to say that in my court reporting career, that was the smelliest job to date. I did learn about Friesian horses (a breed from the Netherlands, which apparently came very close to being extinct at one point in time) and about breeding fees, stud fees, impregnation fees, "collection" of the stallions and artificial insemination of the mares. Very educational. But in unpacking my laptop after I got home, I noticed that my equipment bag now has that faint barn/manure smell.

2 comments:

Dad and Con said...

I was wondering where my other shoe went!
Grandpa

Betsy Cradic said...

Heehee... :)