Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ahhhhhhh




There. Now all is right with the world. That first sip of coffee in the morning is the best. My dad wouldn't let us drink it until we were 16, lest we become addicts. I think it backfired. Mom, it must have been those sips of yours that you'd sneak us when Dad
wasn't looking. :)


I was at some fabric shops yesterday, drooling over all the wonderful textures and patterns (is it weird that I bring my camera along to the store?), and now I'm way excited to start my next projects. These I'll be selling at the Etsy Shop, so keep your eyes peeled for that. I'm working on two collections now, one a curtain panel/throw pillow set called "Into the Woods." It's a brown paisley paired with a solid olive fabric. The colors are brilliant. The cow print, I'll leave you wondering about that one... But, those will have to remain piled on my counter for now, teasing me, because I have a job downtown in about an hour. Work schmerk. Why can't we just play all day? :)

6 comments:

Andy & Jessica said...

My parents said coffee would stunt our growth! BUT Grandma would sneak us some real sweet and creamy coffee with whatever was left in the pot. I can still taste it thinking about it. I enjoy just holding the warm cup close... a very cozy thought on this dreary day.

Andrea S. said...

Hmm...the Etsy Shop??? Tell me more!

Betsy Cradic said...

I'm with you there, Jess. It did end up being rather gloomy out. A perfect day to work on some fun inside projects though! :) Love your new blog look, btw.

A, thanks for the comments. It makes me feel somewhat still connected to you now that you're across the country (sniff, sniff). I promise I'll tell you all about Etsy soon...

Abbi said...

The sewing projects look fun! About the coffee, Mom and Dad allowed we kids to drink it pretty much when we wanted to and I hate the stuff however that can't be said for the rest of my siblings.

Betsy Cradic said...

Hmmm, maybe that proves that coffee-drinking is not a learned behavior, since it can go either way... :)

Esther said...

Yes, I do need my coffee. My parents don't like it at all, but somehow I can't live without it.
I'm working on a couple of sewing projects right now, too. So much fun.