Monday, August 6, 2007

so this is what it's like...

so this is how it feels to have your home on the market. i got a call today from a realtor who wanted to show our house to someone this afternoon. so i frantically raced around, sweeping, loading the dishwasher, cleaning toilets, picking up piles of dog poo from the yard... then i loaded sajak in the car, and we made ourselves scarce for an hour and a half. how on earth would you do that if you had three kids?! anyway, i hope it sells quickly because it's not exactly my thing.

4 comments:

Abbi said...

Hey! Whats up with selling your house? By the way doing that with 3 kids is not easy. I remember having to do that when we sold our last house. The funny thing though was that when the person came that bought it our house was a mess! We had left early that morning and I didn't know anybody was coming and I left dirty dishes on the counter, etc. When I got home I found out that somebody had come while I was away, I was so embarressed. Oh well, it sold!

betsy said...

Yes, I'm probably more worried about it than I should be. We're trying to sell it on our own first (through an advertising company--flat fee instead of commission). We have another showing this afternoon.

Jessica K. said...

That's how we sold our house in Georgia... frustrating part is that you will have to pay their realtor fees. Hopefully you will get them to pay all closing costs. Hope your open house goes well. Our neighbor is having one day too.

betsy said...

Yep, we're offering a 3% commission to the buyer's agent. It is hard to swallow, but it's good incentive to get realtors to show your home. It was kind of a rainy day today for an open house so not too much traffic. Maybe tomorrow. :)