Monday, May 21, 2007

mystery weekend






last week winn told me he was going to plan a mystery weekend to celebrate my birthday. he wouldn't tell me where we were going, only what to pack and how long we would be gone. well, on friday afternoon we got in the car and ended up in chicago that evening! we spent saturday atop the sears tower, strolling through millennium park, eating lunch at elephant & castle, braving the crowds at navy pier, slurping a chocolate malt at ed debevic's, and just meandering around downtown. on saturday night he surprised me with tickets to see the blue men group, an excellent production that's definitely worth seeing! i got to have my picture taken with one of them after the show. then on sunday morning before heading home, we were able to visit willow creek church. it was a fun weekend. what a nice surprise! i'll post an album below and a couple videos to the right of the screen under "my videos."

3 comments:

Polly said...

I hope you had fun! Looking at the pictures was fun for me because we went there on choir tour. So I was reminiscing...The Blue Men group, a few of our group got to see them. Then I looked at the pictures of Navy Pier and the Bean and thought "Hey! I was there!" =D

betsy said...

I didn't know you went there for choir tour...cool!

Polly said...

Sure did. So you have several pictures similar to ours, like at the Bean and at Navy Pier.