Thursday, April 26, 2007

you forgot something








he left his work gloves and pliers on the kitchen counter, his belt on my desk, his necktie on the chair, schoolbooks on the table, wallet on the end table... does your husband do this too? some days it seems i just walk from room to room picking up things that winn left sitting there, and when i get to the last room, it's time to start all over again! i don't think he's intentionally trying to mess up the place or trying to be frustrating, so i'm not complaining, just marveling at the fact that they must really sincerely not think about these things. i guess i sort of find it endearing (don't tell him or he'll never quit doing it!), but only because he'll willingly pick it all up if i ask him to. but i do have to ask him, because it's just not something that's even on his radar screen. he'd rather wrestle with sajak or relax on the couch with me. i love that about him.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Just wait until you have kids. What you have to pick up after him will seem like nothing compared to picking up after the kids. Believe me!!!!

Polly said...

Bonnie! Don't discourage her! =D

betsy said...

That's what I've heard, Bonnie. I guess I really do have it pretty easy right now. The kids are worth it though, right? :)

Josh, Esther, & Kylee said...

Yeah, mine does that too. Some days it is more and some days it is less. Actually I think that he is getting better, or maybe it's because I pick things up without noticing what I am doing!!!! All of his quirks make him such an amazing person to be with.